Monday, January 3, 2011

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year- A litte late

I am so late getting this post up, but I wanted to write about our Christmas and New Year because this blog has become my scrapbook until I get the time, money, energy to actually scrapbook it all.

We spent Christmas Eve with the Young's this year. We had a nice dinner, read the Night Before Christmas and the birth of our Savior and had the delightful Snowballs (this has become one of my favorite traditions... one we will definately keep going.) Adelyn and Boston got PJ's from G&G Young and from us. We went home and put the kids to bed.

Boston woke up around 7 and we woke Adelyn up at about 7:30 or 8:00 (I enjoy this because I have a feeling sleeping this late on Christmas morning might not last very long.) Adelyn was so happy to find Santa brought her a bike and Boston started to crawl as fast as his knees would go to find his car and his truck waiting for him. They were so fun this year. Adelyn especially just glowed.

Adelyn has since become afraid of her bike and the weather here is not condusive to getting her on the bike more to show it will be ok.

New Years Eve we spent with Chase and Keisha and we ate Calzone's at our house and then played games. We put our kids to bed and then hung out just talking to Chase and Keisha for awhile. I am so glad we haven't moved yet so we could get to know Keisha a little better. We adore them both.... as we do all my siblings and their spouses. It was so fun! We of course watched the ball drop (that is New Years Eve to me) and then we went to bed.

All in all it seemed like our holidays were relaxing and chill. Both Travis and I spent the whole time sick fighting off one bug or the other, but we were lucky enough to just enjoy the time being together.

1 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Hey so have you looked into blog-to-book websites. They take your blog and make it into a book. Sooo cool. I am going to do mine and then my scrapbook/journal is done lol. I just dont know when to end the blog and start again.

I am so glad you have the chance to live by family and that they are so fun to be with!

Disneyland 2009