Saturday, March 26, 2011

Kids Update












I wasnt able to post updates on the kids last month due to the craziness of packing, moving, driving, and getting settled again. I am determined to get it done this month.
Adelyn is adjusting well to Florida. She misses her friends like crazy though. She especially misses her Gabby friend. I had no idea the two of them were going to be lifelong friends, but they miss each other so much. Gabby's mom tell me she asks for Addy about once a day. Addy does the same here and asks when we can see Gabby. I thought at this age, out of sight out of mind.... but luckily tis not so! We definately keep in touch with them. She has made some new friends... specifically Kaitlyn. She is the only little girl in Addys primary class with her. They are good friends and play fabulously together. It is nice to have a little girl here...seeing how most of the kids her age here are girls. We got gym passes and they have a kids playland there which she LOVES to go to. There are always lots of kids there and big slides so she looks forward to the gym (wished I did). She has had a growth spurt I swear since we left. She seems taller and now weighs 35 pounds. Her hair is getting long also. Trying to debate on keeping growing it out or cutting it. Her new favorite food is grapes but she still loves oatmeal every morning. She started dance/gymnastics class this week. She was so excited. She has AWESOME balance. She practically ran across the balance beam, and of course was totally in her element in dance class. She caught up really fast to the dance really fast. She loves to make everyone laugh... especially Boston. NO ONE can make him laugh like she can. She tells everyone everything about her....We had to talk to her about this and made three rules. To tell people her name
1. Trav or I had to be with her
2. We had to know the persons mom or dad
3. We have to know their name
Its hard because she is so cute and friendly and I want her to be friendly and social, yet its kinda hard to put boundries on it.
She gave her first talk already in our ward. She spoke on "A prophet speaks for our day." She did awesome and was not shy at all.
When we moved here she retracted back to baby talk. Drove me crazy. I think it was here way of exhibiting the changes happening and the little insecurities that come with such a big in life. She now has her "big girl" voice back. YAH! She is just sunshine to be around. I love her so much.

Boston is 13 months now. I am sad I couldnt post 12 months but here we go. Boston has turned into a big boy within the last month or so. At 13 months he is walking all the time now. I am glad. I think all the travel for a week in car without walking held him back a little so I was so grateful when my mom came out and helped push him to walk. He's a pro now... but into everything!!!! He got his 3 tooth (first top tooth) on our drive out here. Last week he got his 4th tooth (2nd tooth on top). He is talking a lot also. Yes my head is spinning with him being such a talker and his sister also. He says: Im gonna get cha, Thank you, Addy, mommy, dad, look at this (and points with his finger), I love you or love you, grandma, grandpa, he tries to do the letters in the alphabet, and then of course a ton of babble in between all the words. He is BUSY and all over the place. My kids are very active people, so it keeps me on my toes. He weighs 24 pounds, but with all the walking, I swear he is thinning out. We are trying to wean him from the bottle still... that's our next big feat. He just seems so big to me all the sudden. Out of the baby phase....so sad but exciting.

0 comments:

Disneyland 2009