Wednesday, March 16, 2011

My Moms Trip to Florida

My mom came to Florida and stayed with us for a week last week. It was so WONDERFUL to have her here. It was so fun to just spend time with her. Here are some highlights of the trip.

Boston started walking on his own.... like 14 steps. He is offically walking. And he talked a lot.

Travis gave Boston a hot dog to eat and he loved it. My mom asked him what did you eat. I swear he said "hot dog".

He learned to say "tickle, tickle".

Addy and my mom collected a lot of seashells.

We planted flower pots for my house. Yeah!

We went to Orlando Temple. Its beautiful! We did initories and part was in Spanish.

We finally gave Boston a hair cut. He looks so grown up.

Travis and I were actually able to go on a date. We went bowling. So fun to spend time just us again. Forgot what that was like.

My mom and I went and got the best pedicures ever.

We went to Cocoa Beach. It was later in the afternoon and kinda cold so we only stayed for about an hour. The beach has TONZ of seashells though.

We went to a place called Round Island. There are Manatees here in the river, but we never saw one. We did though get very close to a Pelican. They are huge birds. It is intercoastal in Florida.... meaning the ocean is literally on one side of the road and a river on the other side of the street. We went to both the river and the ocean.

Went shopping and I got a new swimsuit.... YEAH~!!!!

Adelyn absolutely loved having Grandma here. When we took her to the airport, Addy started to cry as we pulled up. Then we went inside and she had a complete emotional breakdown just bawling. The lady trying to help get mom her ticket asked Adelyn why she was crying. She said "because my Grandma is leaving". She honestly cried for about an hour. It was heartbreaking and of course made me into a waterfall of tears also. I learned yesterday that it is easier to be the one leaving then to be the one left. Maybe thats why missionaries cant see family while on mission. Today I feel like I am an ocean away. I didnt have that feeling before. I am so glad she came out though. It was awesome to have a familar face and a friend. We had a blast. Pics are on Travs phone, so when he tranfers them I will share them.

Thanks MOM for the memories. We loved having you here!!!

1 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Being left is hard. But you are not left. You are living in another city lol. How great is FL? It sounds wonderful right now! I cant wait to see pics!

Disneyland 2009