Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Best Friends

We have made our closest friends ever while I have been here in San Diego.  Most of my close friends here will be lifelong friends who we definitely will keep in contact with and will see from time to time in our lives.  We had 4 or 5 families where I was BFF's with the wives, Travis was good friends with the husbands, and all our kids got along fabulously.  It is a rare and precious thing when this happens, and it happened with many friends here in San Diego.  For the first time in my life I felt we as a family had other families who would look out for us and we wanted to look out for them.  They each will hold such a special place in my heart.  The night before we left, after my soccer game, Travis told me he had a surprise for me and that I needed to shower and change.  So I did and then we waited around for about a half hour.  The doorbell rang and the next thing I knew, there were all my friends at my door taking me out to Golden Spoon for ice cream and a last hurrah! I was on the verge of tears.  It was so sweet and kind.  I will never forget that night.  I knew our time in San Diego was special and magical and this just proved that.  I will miss each and everyone of them and am forever grateful for them and our friendship.

0 comments:

Disneyland 2009