Friday, May 16, 2014

School program

Adelyn was super nervous before we had the babies that I was not going to be able to go to her end of school program.  I was nervous too!  But luckily I was able to go.  She did such a good job.  She had to make a "mini me" of herself and she did a great job.  I only helped her with the glue gun.... the rest was all her.  She loves crafts so this was up her alley.  I cannot believe soon she will be a second grader.  Where did the time go?  She is so grown up and absolutely LOVES school.  She excels especially in sciences and math, but rarely got anything but 100 percent on her spelling words.  I am most proud of her because in all reality..... most things come really easy to Addy scholastically.  But when we moved her they had her do nonsense words and phonics which they did not teach in San Diego.  She struggled with the nonsense words, so even though she could read words well, she had a harder doing the phoenics side.  She practiced so hard all year long to be able to do well on her phonics test, and by the end of the year she was one of the best readers in her class.  I am so glad she learned that practice, dedication, and hard work really do pay off.  Here we go.... to 2nd grade!


Last day of first grade
Adelyn and her "mini me"







0 comments:

Disneyland 2009