Friday, May 15, 2009

Mothers Day!

Better late than never....
Mothers day was such a neat day. Trav and I had the opportunity of speaking in sacrament meeting for church so all week long I was focusing on all the different kinds of mothers and various circumstances of mothers. Both Mom Young and Mom Rowley were able to be there and so we had the special and unique privalage of telling them publicly how much we love them and appreciate all they do for us. I also was able to express my love and the most wonderful blessing it is to be a mother to Adelyn and be mother to my amazing husbands children. We spilt the day and spent the afternoon with Travs family and the evening with my family. We were also able to talk to Uncle Brennan who is in Texas on his mission.

First I am so grateful for the honor and privalage that is mine to be mother to such a choice spirit as Adelyn. She is so much fun to be around and makes me laugh non stop. It is like hangin out with a fun lovin teenager... and then I am reminded that luckily she is only 2. She is our world and I love her dearly. Since I have been home with her a little more this last year, she and I have truly bonded and I love her so much more than I thought was ever possible to love someone!

I am so grateful for my mom! She truly is my best girl-friend. I am so grateful to have her so close to us while I am raising Adelyn and I value and love the advice she gives me as a mother. She is so fun to around.... and we have so much fun together. She buys Trav lunches during the school year, watches Adelyn often, and is always there to help me and listen to me. She makes me laugh. We love you mom!

I am also grateful for Travis' mother. She raised such an amazing son and he is the man he is today because of the things she taught him while he was young. She has always been so very accepting of me and made me feel like one of the children. She watches Adelyn every Friday while I am at work and Addy adores her. She speaks so kindly of all those around and she sees the beauty in life wherever and under whatever circumstances she finds herself. We love you!

0 comments:

Disneyland 2009