Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas 2009




First of all, Merry Belated Christmas to all. Christmas was a blast this year. As Addy gets older and understands it a little better, it get funner and funner. We spent Christmas Eve at the Youngs and had the traditional dinner, snowballs, read the scriptural account of Jesus' Birth, and of course read the Night Before Christmas (which was basically Addy reading it by memory to all of us). The whole Young clan was there and it was so great to spend time with all family. The last couple of months have had some trials that, I feel, has really made us a lot closer to one another. We opened Christmas Eve pj's and then my little family headed home for a good nights rest!




Adelyn got a princess drawing table, a potty dolly (her specific request) some books and a bunch of other gifts. The girl is spoiled! She didnt sleep 2-3 days prior to Santa because I made the stupid mistake of telling her that she would get coal only if she didnt mind her mom. She figured she had not been a very nice girl so she was getting coal. She really is a good kid, so I dont know why she was so worried about it. She was thrilled when she saw actual presents under the tree.




Trav was in charge of buying my Christmas and he spent all the week prior to that working and the week prior to that schooling and working. He had me convinced that he had no time to get my presents, and I would not buy my own. I had prepped myself for nothing under the tree and as Christmas Eve came, there was still nothing under the tree. However when I woke up I had presents under the tree and a stuffed stocking. I have no idea where or when he did it,.... but it was such a great awesome suprise. I am so lucky to have married him.




We spent Christmas day with both our families and loved the time we were able to both. We were also able to talk to Uncle Brennan on his mission. Crazy to think he will be home in 4 short months. We had a wonderful Christmas, and hope you did as well!

1 comments:

Queen of Hearts said...

Those are the best Christmas stories. I love that Travis did such a great job. It sounds like he's been taking sneaky classes from Santa.

Disneyland 2009