Saturday, April 30, 2011

Awww BLAST!!!

WARNING: TOO MUCH INFO! I got up at 5 am (Eastern time remember) to watch the Royal Wedding (I am a romantic at heart and could not wait to see the dress) and then after getting THE VIEWS cynacal reviews of the wedding, we headed up to the last Endeavor Shuttle Launch. Travis decided that we should go to Cocoa Beach to watch the shuttle so the kiddos would have something to do for the 3 hours b4 the launch (as you can see I think he secretly just wanted to go to go Ron Jons Surf Shop). We parked and then walked to Ron Jons to kill some time. We got Trav a swimsuit and a little bucket for the kids to use at the beach. Then headed to Cocoa Beach figuring we could spend an hour and half playing on the beach b4 the actual launch. We walked on the boardwalk of the beach and immediately saw the launch pad in the distance. Then we saw a plane flying low in the distance. Shortly there after a man behind us said that is Obamas plane. So I tried to take a pic, but was too slow. Anyway, then he proceeded to tell us the launch was cancelled. Luckily we were at a cool beach so we just played on the beach for a while. The launch will prob. go up Mon or Tues, but Trav works and I don't dare take the 2 by myself.


1 comments:

Mary Ann said...

So close! I am so glad you saw the wedding. I was up at 2 am lol. I was sick though and randomly flipped on the tv since I was so miserable I could not sleep and the wedding was on. I did not plan it ha ha ha. I liked her dress and thought she looked wonderful. It would be cool to see a space ship launch. I hope you get to see one when you are down there!

Disneyland 2009