Monday, April 27, 2009

New Season = Change

This time of year makes me happy and a bit nostalgic.  It is the end of the school year for Travis and thus the 9th year of college for me (I should have a masters or doctorate).  Trav and I are both Very sad to see this semester go. Crazy as it sounds.   This semester has definately been the easiest semester and best semester we have had.  Trav really enjoyed his classes, had much less homework, and took his first U.S. History class (he went to High School in Canada).  He was able to spend much more time with me and Adelyn and do some of things he loves to do, but usually has NO time to do them.  He had a great job working for professor here on Campus in a kind of Engineering different from what he does at his other job.  He got paid more and enjoyed learning the software and gaining the experience.  Plus it will look good on his resume.  The professor he was working for is leaving the campus.  We are truly sad.  He has been so good to Trav.  He has gotten him scholarships, this job as I mentioned, and Trav really enjoyed his teaching.  The school will miss him dearly. In any event, we will financially be ok next year as long as both of us keep our jobs.  I guess I am just realizing how truly blessed we were during this school year and all the fun memories we made as a family.  Make no mistake about it though... I am excited for SUMMER and to able to spend the whole day with my darling girl!

1 comments:

Mary said...

I heart SUU too. And rock on with the US History Trav!

Disneyland 2009